Thursday, June 24, 2010

A 20-something for a little longer

In Februrary, I turned 29. Woo. 29.

Can you feel the excitement?

Am I where I want to be since I turned "almost 30?" The next statement could not be truer: I am in a place I never thought I wanted or where I thought I could be, but I am so happy to be here.

I married my best friend; I finally figured myself out enough to stop worrying about becoming something and just being; and I started a new career path that I truly enjoy.

Are things perfect? Not even close. Would I trade it for anything? No.

All that to say, I feel I have some things I would like to do before I'm 30. Even though I kind of sucked at my 109 in 2009 list.

So, in the spirit of my blog friend Janet's "30 Before 30" list (on which she received an "A"), I will spend time during my family trip to Florida this weekend coming up with 30 things I would like to do over the next eight months.

Suggestions are, of course, most welcome. Encouragement (and chocolate) are also appreciated.

3 comments:

Ben said...

If you want to cruise my list for suggestions, I started a 30/30 list back when I turned 29 and am writing a blog about doing the stuff on the list.

thirtythirtyvision.blogspot.com

Senegal Daily said...

Good idea. I should make my own list...even if my 'deadline' comes a little sooner.

Glenn and Cile said...

Kari told me you were back to blogging and I am so glad! I've missed following you, even though it was sporadic. Hope to see you and meet Cam this fall! The Masson/Borders address will be 382 Chicopee Drive, Marietta, 30064, the missionary home of Marietta FBC. It's about 1/2 mile from Walker School. Drop by anytime you are in the area!