Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Too much good stuff to write about!

I had a wonderful weekend, and it actually began on Friday when I finally (FINALLY!) met my friend, Andrea, blogger of Forever is Tomorrow is Today, for lunch. Cam asked me how it was possible to be friends with someone I have never met, but I have felt such a kinship with Andrea since we began commenting on each other's blogs over three years ago. We are about the same age, were in very similar situations when we were in England, are both from the Atlanta area and we have both moved back to the Atlanta area recently.

I've never met a 'blogger friend' in real life, so I was just a tiny bit nervous, but I really shouldn't have been. Andrea is even better in-person than I imagined. I am so grateful for the friendship she and I share, and I look forward to many more regular visits, in addition to our regular comments and emails.

My only regret from the fabulous lunch? We didn't take a single photo. Not one. Not even of her unbelievably adorable son, Finn, who I have decided must meet my nieces, Ava & Nola. When they are all 25, of course.

Andrea's story is very compelling and she is an excellent writer, so I highly recommend you visit her blog if you haven't already. (her blog updates always show up on my 'Who's Updated Recently?' and she is on my favorite bloggers list - both to the left)

On Friday night, Cam took me to Romano's Macaroni Grill for dinner. Very tasty! I hadn't been there in quite a while.


We were posing at the corner of the table, hence the awkward-looking position of our bodies.

As if Friday wasn't enough, on Saturday Cam took me to see Cirque du Soleil!! (which I crossed off my 109 in 2009 list!) It was a special Christmas present, and we went with another couple, our good friends Allan and Amy.

We started the evening at the wonderful Six Feet Under. I highly recommend you visit this restaurant if you are in the Atlanta area: cool atmosphere, great service, delicious food and fabulous drinks!


I love how I look pregnant in this photo because of the way my left arm is positioned beside my body.


We were really excited about the upcoming show!


Newlyweds. Aren't they really, really, ridiculously good looking?

We went to see Cirque du Soleil's KOOZA show, and I can't recommend going enough. It was INCREDIBLE. The Atlanta run of the show ends on March 1st, so get your tickets soon!


Cam and me in front of the huge tent after the show.


You can't see it very well, but that's Cam, me, Amy and Allan in front of the KOOZA logo.

On Sunday, Allan, Amy and I went to brunch at The Flying Biscuit (soooo good!), Cam joined us after church, we fixed some snacks (well, Cam and I fixed snacks, Amy fixed some homemade chili and Allan grilled some hot dogs), and then we watched the Superbowl with a bunch of friends. Such a great weekend!

8 comments:

andrea said...

Aw, you are so sweet! Finn and I had such a great time at lunch, and I can't believe it has taken so long for us to meet! We need to plan a night out soon with Lee and Cam!

Glad you enjoyed Kooza, we went last month and really liked it too!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Senegal Daily said...

I love your these kinds of posts. They really radiate happiness.

Off to check your other blogs!

Abby said...

I LOVE Six Feet Under. It's one of my Atlanta faves.

Got your message late last night. We'll try to play catch-up today!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I've been very lucky when it comes to meeting fellow bloggers. You're right; it's definitely easier and more comfortable when you've been reading each other's sites for a while and feel a kinship with them. I'm glad your first blogger-meeting experience was such a good one! :)

The Massons said...

how random!!! yeah nate and i were in the same group of friends in high school. we all went to europe together, and a bunch of us were his assistants. he's seriously so talented. that is so random that you met him! :)

La Petite Chic said...

I love meeting blog friends in real life! It's amazing what incredible friendships can be formed online.

Peggy said...

i totally met a pure blogger friend, jessica. she had started out reading kari's blogs, finally commented, then kari connected her to my blog, she finally commented...we commented back & forth until finally deciding to get together. regretfully, we've only actually gotten together in person once, but we email and im regularly. nothin' wrong with blogger friends!