Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Beginning Slim in 6

So, as part of my 109 in 2009 list, I am trying to be more active. And the list item I have actually dreaded the most is doing Slim in 6, a 6-week, 6-days-a-week workout program. No, I am not a glutton for punishment, but I bought the DVDs a couple of years ago and never really used them. And I can't stand the idea of wasting money.

So, all that to say, this morning I started Slim in 6. And it is boring, the music is horrible and the fitness instructor loses count a lot, but my muscles are aching and I feel much better knowing I did some physical activity today. One of my main goals this year is to get back to a size 4 and maintain it (getting a stress fracture in my foot after my half-marathon run put a damper on my activity level).

So, please wish me luck. I need it.

4 comments:

andrea said...

If you can do a half marathon I know you can do this! Good luck!

Abby said...

Honey, I am right there with you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I have lofty weight-loss goals, myself, but I don't think I'll ever see a four again. A girl can dream, though, right?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on starting Slim in 6! I'm on week 4, just started Burn It Up a few days ago. If you have the DVD's you have the option to turn off the music and use your own instead. You're right, it is kinda boring but getting good results I can afford an hour. By the time you get to Burn It Up, you're moving so much there's no time to be bored.